42 Gilliland Road CARTERS RIDGE QLD 4563
Modern Queenslander, Oodles of Living Space, Outstanding Views, 2.99 Hectares of Rural Living at a Convenient Location
UNDER CONTRACT 'Subject To Conditions'
Want to escape the maddening crowds to an idyllic rural lifestyle? Need inter-generational living opportunities? Require roomy work-from-home office space? Situated on an elevated ridge, this modern Queenslander provides all of this while capturing stunning views and gentle breezes. Nestled behind a pretty white picket fence and beneath a high gabled new corrugated iron roof, the property oozes ambience and tranquility.
The home was built lovingly by an owner builder 24 years ago. Upstairs, opening onto a veranda, is an extra-large main bedroom, with an up-dated ensuite featuring Italian floor tiles. There is a walk-in wardrobe. A parents' retreat or study, with bi-folding doors, completes the secluded east wing.
The central part of the home has a large open plan lounge and dining room opening onto the back veranda. It features polished wood floors, beautiful high ceilings, a bay window seat, flanked by white shuttered windows looking out onto a cottage garden, and a wood fire for winter coziness. The kitchen looks out across the back veranda to the misty hills of Eerwah Vale and the Mapleton forest. It features stone benches, Italian cooking appliances, transferrable shelving, and a wooden floor.
The west wing of the house comprises three more bedrooms (one opening onto the back veranda) off a wide hallway. The main heritage-style bathroom features a spa bath. At the end of the hallway is a laundry/utility room with doors to both verandas.
Downstairs provides the opportunity for dual living with two more bedrooms (one of which could be used as a large working-from-home office), a bathroom with shower, a functional kitchen, and a dining-living area. There are three sliding glass doors opening onto a private veranda with a board-walk to a gazebo ideal for yoga, Pilates or just taking in the tranquility of the valley below and the mountain views.
The cool salt-water pool, which has its own waterfall feature, is surrounded by a tropical garden It is overlooked by a second gazebo - ideal for unobtrusively supervising young children or for simply enjoying the ambience and relaxed atmosphere.
A large 64,000 litre tank supplies ample fresh water to the house while a second tank, fed by water pumped up from the beautiful dam, refreshes the gardens surrounding the house, pool, and the vegetable gardens through an irrigation system.
Carters Ridge is in the picturesque Noosa Hinterland with its abundant food outlets, attractions and other places of interest
• 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 3 covered car parking spaces
• Modern freshly painted Queenslander
• Stunning views, to the east, west, north, and south
• Breeze-capturing verandas front and back
• Carpeted bedrooms with polished wooden floors elsewhere
• Ceiling fans throughout, including on the back veranda
• Fully screened windows and doors
• Internal and external fretwork
• Lovely, irrigated cottage garden
• Vegetable garden (irrigated), orchard and olive groves
• Beautiful pool with waterfall and irrigated tropical garden
• 2 gazebos
• A grove of cabinet trees
• A duck-loving dam
• A fire pit located to welcome the full moon rising over Eerwah Mountain
• A resident wallaby family keeping company with a wide variety of bird life
• Dual living potential
• Ideal for those working from home
• Excellent satellite connection to broad band internet
• Excellent mobile phone accessibility
• Vibrant community
• School bus at the gate
• 15 minutes to Cooroy, 45 minutes to Noosa Heads